The Advanced Excavator removes a large cube (7x7x7) of natural and crafted blocks up to the hardness of Stalactite and Siltstone on the Stalactite layer (including Tourmaline, Glowing Mushrooms and Mold), and saves half of the removed blocks in Loot Bags that will fall down.
Nodes with Ore inside will always be left intact, as well as objects that can store items, materials, blocks etc. inside.
Advanced Extractors can be crafted after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by crafting a Basic Excavator.
To craft 4 Advanced Excavators in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with "q" as the default key), you'll need:
- 2 Gunpowder , found in Wood Treasure Chests, or looted or pet-harvested from Hot Feet
- 6 Diamond (bars) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore
- 4 Iron Rods made of Iron Bars in a Processor
Crafting this Advanced Excavator is the unlocking requirement of the crafting recipe for the Super Excavator, which is currently the last tier and can remove all blocks/rocks up the the hardness of the Corruption layer.
To use Advanced Excavators, put (a stack of) them into any quickslot, select this slot and place an Excavator into the world like any common block by clicking your right mouse button.
You can rotate Excavators after placing them into the gameworld by holding "r" (as the default key) and using your left mouse button to drag and thereby rotate the Excavator. Using the right mouse button will activate the Excavator, using left click will let you pick the Excavator up again.
Attention: Excavators can also remove all kinds of crafted blocks and items since R32. As Excavators can only save half of what was removed, such items can be completely destroyed if there aren't more than one of them in the same area. It is advised to protect your base by disabling Explosives for your world or claiming the land and disabling Explosives there.
If your Excavators cannot be activated (by "f" as the default key or right-click) after being placed, then:
1. area-damaging Explosives might be disabled for the whole gameworld (this can be changed anytime in the advanced options for "Disable Explosives" of the world by the creator/owner of the gameworld). In this case usually a message window will tell you "Excavator cannot be used at this location"
2. Explosives might be disabled on the claim where you are trying to use the Excavator (which can be changed anytime in the Advanced Options for each claim with the option "TNT enabled" by the owners of the claim). In this case usually a message window will displayed, saying "Excvator cannot be used in this claim".
4. you might not be permitted to use area-damaging Explosives (but in that case you cannot even place them) because of your permission level (mainly being visitor) that the owner of the gameworlds or of the player claim has set for you
5. if other devices like Teleporters also do not react, and no message windows are displayed, there might be a problem with your internet connection or the Creativerse servers aren't properly in synch with your client any more (which sometimes happens after playing for a longer while). Try relogging (and take care to wait a little before logging in again!), usually everything's okay again upon your return
6. remember that Advanced Excavators cannot remove blocks that are harder than Stalactite and Siltstone, so harder rocks will just stay where they are if you activate an Advanced Excavator on the Lava layer or the Corruption layer, however the Excavator itself will be used up and vanish.