This article is currently outdated
Armor will help your player-character survive attacks by animals, and attacks of other players during PvP in Creativerse.
Currently armor does not protect from falling, afflictions like poison damage over time nor from environmental effects like freezing. For these purposes you can brew Potions in your Crafting Menu (opened with "q" as the default key) or you can cook Food at the Cooking Station.
When being hit by any Creature, the according armor piece that has been hit will lose a bit of durability each time, until it will fall apart completely in the end. Currently armor cannot be repaired nor can it be enhanced (enchanted, reinforced, imbued, boosted...).
You can view the durability-state of each armor part on their icons next to your character in the equipment-window of your inventory shown as green bars that will start to appear when the armor is damaged for the first time and then these bars will shrink until the armor is destroyed. Undamaged armor parts will not show any bars at all.
Currently there are 4 armor-slots for armor for each player-character in Creativerse.
Plus there's a small mannequin-icon in the left bottom corner on your screen.
Each newly equipped piece of armor is at first shown in green color on the mannequin and will stay green after being damaged only a bit to indicate that the armor still has a good durability.
Pieces of armor on the mannequin will change their color to yellow when the durability of the armor has sunken a lot, and later on the color will turn "red" (rather pink actually) as a warning that the armor is seriously damaged and will have to be replaced soon.
When a piece of armor is destroyed completely, the according part of the mannequin will be black and the equipment-slot will be empty. You will not receive any materials nor the ruined armor piece itself, instead it will vanish when falling apart.
In the R31 update, helmets were replaced with corresponding shoulder pads to support additional future customization options. So currently the helmet on the armor doll is always empty/black. However the re-implementation of helmets together with optional hats is expected with a later update, most likely still during Early Access (before the release of Creativerse).
Armor Crafting EditAll armor-crafting has to start with Leather Armor. Alternatively all pieces of Leather Armor can also be found in randomly spawning Obsidian Treasure Chest on blocks of the underground Stalactite layer in complete darkness or very rarely from Keepas too.
To craft 1 Leather Breastplate you'll need (as of February 2017):
- 3 pieces of Leather, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest mainly from Pigsies, Night Hoglets or Night Pigsies
3 Bones, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from many Creatures, or made from (blocks of) Fossils mined from the Fossil layer underground (which requires no Power Cell as of R39 in February 2017), easily accessible through Caves
- and 2 Vines from Cragwood trees in Forests, or Wildwood trees in Jungles, or obtained from Leafies, Night Twiggies or Night Leafies either as a loot or pet-harvest
- finding or crafting a Wood Sword (from any kind of Wood or Logs together with Vines),
- and obtaining Leather from Pigsies, Night Pigsies, Night Hoglets or more rarely from other Creatures, either by killing them and taking their Loot Bags or by taming them, feeding them and then harvesting from them. Many Pigsy Pets will be satisfied by simply being fed Red Mushrooms
The crafting recipe for Leather Pauldrons will be unlocked by:
- taking Bones that can be hunted or pet-harvested from many Creatures or can alternatively be made in a Processor from Fossils that can be found on the Fossil layer underground, accessible through Caves and do now (February 2017) not require any Power Cells anymore to be mined
To unlock the crafting recipe for each part of Obsidian Armor it is necessary to either craft of obtain the according part of Leather Armor at first. To be able to craft a full Obsidian Armor Set you will have to craft/obtain all 4 parts of the Leather Armor.
Obsidian Armor will be unlocked by:
- finding or crafting the according Leather Armor part: Obsidian Breastplates require Leather Breastplates, Obsidian Armguards require Leather Armguards, Obsidian Pauldrons require Leather Pauldrons and Obsidian Leggings require Leather Leggings
- finding or crafting a Stone Sword (that is unlocked after crafting (or finding) a Wood Sword, mining Stone with at least a Wood Mining Cell or better, and collecting Bones that can be looted, pet-harvested or also be made from Fossils in a Processor), can also rarely be found Obsidian Treasure Chests on blocks of the Stalactite layer underground or pet-harvested from Keepas
- and extracting or finding Obsidian Ore from Obsidian Nodes in Caves, the Fossil layer or the Mountains, or occasionally found in Iron Treasure Chests, or looted/pet-harvested from Silver Keepas or Golden Keepas
Iron Armor will be unlocked by:
- finding or crafting the according Obsidian Armor part
- finding or crafting an Obsidian Sword (can be obtained from Keepas of any kind, especially as Pets, can also be found in Iron Treasure Chests)
- obtaining Warmworm Teeth from Warmworm spawning on blocks of the Stalactite layer and the Lava layer underground (either as a loot or pet-harvest)
- extracting or finding Iron Ore from Iron Nodes in the Stalactite layer underground or in Iron Treasure Chest or Diamond Treasure Chests
Diamond Armor will be unlocked by:
- finding or crafting the according Iron Armor part
- crafting or finding an Iron Sword (can rarely be found in Diamond Treasure Chests)
- extracting Diamond Ore from Diamond Nodes in the Lava layer underground or made from Coal Nodes (that can be made from Tar)
- obtaining Rambeau Tufts from Rambeaus spawning on blocks of Peakstone found in the Mountains (either as a loot or pet-harvest)
Lumite Armor will be unlocked by:
- finding or crafting the according Diamond Armor part
- crafting or finding a Diamond Sword (can be obtained from Things occasionally)
- collecting Corruption Dust from any corrupted Creature like Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Miru, Corrupted Chizzard or the Thing spawning on corrupted blocks like in the Corruption layer
- extracting Lumite Ore from Lumite Nodes on the Corruption layer deep underground
Armor Types Edit
Leather ArmorEditLeather Armor is your lowest level, or 1st tier armor currently in Creativerse (as of R26). When fully equipped, the player-character will have a defense rating of 70.
Crafting a set of leather armor will need (as of R26):
- 9 Rockster Rocks from Rocksters or Night Rocksters, or made from 2 Pebble's Pebbles each - either as a loot or as pet-harvests
- 12 pieces of Leather, as a loot or pet-harvest from many creatures, mainly from Pigsies or Night Pigsies
- 5 Twines made from Vines in a Processor
Obsidian Armor EditObsidian Armor is the 2nd tier armor currently in Creativerse (as of R26). When fully equipped, the player-character will have a defense rating of 140.
Crafting a set of obsidian armor will need (as of R26):
- 6 Miru Eyes, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from Mirus, found in the Fossil layer underground in dark caves, or sometimes on the surface during the night near cave-entrances or Mountains. Arctic Mirus on the other hand have blue eyes that cannot be used for crafting Obsidian armor though
- 8 (pieces of) Leather, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from many creatures, mainly from Pigsies or Night Pigsies
- 8 Obsidian(-bars) made in a Forge from Obsidian Ore from the Fossil layer
- 8 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor or found in Stone Treasure Chests
Iron Armor EditIron Armor is the 3rd tier armor currently in Creativerse (as of R26). When fully equipped, the player-character will have a defense rating of 280.
Crafting a set of iron armor will need (as of R26):
- 8 Warmworm Teeth obtained by either killing or taming and then harvesting from Warmworms that can be found on the Stalactite layer and the Lava layer underground, spawning on Siltstone, Hardened Lava, Igneous Rock, Tourmaline, Sulfur and/or Diamond nodes
- 8 Feral Pigsy Furs obtained by either killing or taming and then harvesting from Feral Pigsies found in Jungle-biomes, spawning on Detritus
- 8 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 8 Iron Bar made in a Forge from Iron Ore found in the Stalactite layer and also in upper parts of the Lava layer
- 8 Obsidian Rods made of Obsidian (bars) in a Processor or found in Iron Treasure Chests or Diamond Treasure Chests
Diamond Armor EditDiamond Armor is the 4th tier armor currently in Creativerse (as of R26). When fully equipped, the player-character will have a defense rating of 560.
Crafting a set of diamond armor will need (as of R26):
- 8x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature:Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru or the Thing
- 8 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 8 Rambeau Tufts, obtained by killing or taming and harvesting from Rambeaus in Mountains, spawning on Peakstone
- 8 Diamond (bar) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore found in Nodes in the Stalactite layer, in the Lava layer and in the Corruption layer, but can also be made from Coal (which can be made from Tar)
- 8 Tempered Iron Bar s made in a Forge from Iron Bars, which are made in a Forge from Iron Ore found in Nodes on the Stalactite layer and Lava layer
Lumite Armor EditLumite Armor is the highest level, or 5th tier of armor currently in Creativerse (as of R26). When fully equipped, the player-character will have a defense rating of 1120.
Crafting a set of lumite armor will need (as of R26):
- 11x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature:Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru or the Thing
- 8 Trog Horns, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from Trogs in Canyons-biomes
- 6 Arcstones, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from any kind of Keepa or very rarely found in Wood Treasure Chests
- 8 Lumite (bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore
- 8 Diamond Rods made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor