Bedrock Doors are usable pieces of furniture.
They can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds), but only after unlocking the according crafting-recipe by
- crafting (or taking) Stone Doors from Beeswax, common grey Stone, Stone Slabs and Stone Rods
- crafting Bedrock Walls from Bedrock (from the Fossil layer), Stone Rods and Melted Wax
- crafting Limestone Walls from Limestone from the Fossil layer), Stone Rods and Melted Wax
To craft 1 Bedrock Door, you'll need (as of R32 in June 2016):
- 2 Stone Slabs made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests
- 2 (blocks of) Limestone mined from the Fossil layer, which requires at least a Stone Mining Cell
- 2 (blocks of) Bedrock mined from the Fossil layer, which requires at least a Stone Mining Cell
Bedrock Doors can be opened and closed after being placed by activating them (right-click or "f" as the default key). If you place two doors next to each other (even of different types), they will both open simultaneously when being activated.
|Bedrock Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough, so better be careful. Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Bedrock Doors (hold down "r" and use your left mouse-button to move them), however only sideways by any usual means.
Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.