To unlock the Block Phaser crafting recipe you have to craft the following machines at least once:
To craft 1 Block Phaser you need the following materials:
- 3 Arcstones obtained from Keepas of any kind, either by killing them or taming them, feeding them and then harvesting from them
- 1 (block of) Magnetite, mined from the Fossil layer (accessible through most Caves) with at least a Stone Mining Cell equipped, or obtained from Night Rocksters by hunting or pet-harvesting
- 2 Obsidian Slabs made from Obsidian bars in a Processor
The Block Phaser can make up to 8 blocks disappear and reappear that are in its reach in a row only 1 block wide. It's default direction is upwards, however the Block Phaser can be rotated to work sideways or downwards as well.
The purpose of the Block Phaser is to make walls, floors, ceilings and the like disappear or appear under certain circumstances, usually when an activation device is being activated, like one or more Switches, Sensors (usually when players and/or Creatures walk into the defined area that the Sensor/s watch over), Pressure Plates and/or Number Pads (usually when the correct number is typed in).
Usually several Block Phasers are being placed next to each other to make a whole wall (for example of a labyrinth) or floor (for example of a bridge) disappear; and Block Phasers can be hidden under the floor, behind a wall or ceiling by excluding this one block in front of them when configuring them.Not all objects can be used with the Block Phaser. Exceptions include machines, storage containers and other interactive items. So to make certain machines, lamps, crafting stations or chests with items inside "appear", you will have to place them into a (small) space or room that you can "close" by placing blocks that you can then let disappear with the Block Phaser.
The Block Phaser is a Receiver with 1 input indicated by the Receive Hotspot () that is supposed to be wired to an activation device (currently as of April 2017, Switches, Sensors, Pressure Plates and/or Number Pads can be used) that will activate and/or deactivate the machine.
The Block Phaser does not send any signals to other machines.
- While activated, the Block Phaser cannot be picked up, rotated nor modified.
- When the Block Phaser is rotated after being configured it loses its setup for object dis-/reappearing.
Interface (Menu) Edit
To open the Block Phaser interface you have to press the key "n" (default key).
In the interface you can:
- rename the Block Phaser for better organization
- change the permission settings so other players (with a specific permission rank) aside from you can use the machine, if you should wish to enable them to do so
- toggle manual interaction - the Block Phaser can be "locked" by disabling the "can interact" button, so other players will not be able to use the Block Phasers directly, but instead will have to use/activate the connected activation device
- de-/select blocks to dis-/reappear - as said, up to 8 blocks in a row in front of the Block Phaser
- for easier wiring purposes, you can write a code word into the input array ("Receives") and write that same code word into the output array ("Sends") of an activation device