The Blue Bed is a colored usable furniture that can be crafted after finding the according rare Recipe.
To craft 1 Blue Bed, you'll need (as of R34 in December 2016):
- 2x Blue Pigment, made from Blue Flowers from pine-like Elderwood trees in a Processor
- 1x Shredded Leaves, made from any kind of (tree-) Leaves in a Processor
- 4 Wood Rods, made from any kind of Wood or Log in a Processor
- 2 Stone Rods, made from Stone, Bedrock or Limestone in a Processor
- 1 Melted Wax made from Beeswax in a Forge or found in Treasure Chests
You can craft this bed in your Crafting Menu (default key "Q") or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in worlds created before R22 on September 16th 2015).
Like all beds, you can use a Blue Bed (use your right mouse button while looking at it or type "f" as the default key to activate the bed) to quickly skip the rest of the day if it is daytime ingame - or to skip the night if darkness has already fallen; however only as long as all players on the gameworld are using their beds at the same time. Since R41 on May 1st 2017, Beds will now also heal player characters while sleeping.
Patch-notes for R19:
- Interact with a bed to sleep and advance time to dawn or dusk.
- All players in a world must sleep at the same time to advance time.
- NOTE: beds placed in an old world must be pulled up and replaced before you will be able to interact with them.
Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these Beds on claims of other players (or in gameworlds) where your permission level is set low.
Blue Beds - like all beds - are currently (as of R34 in December 2016) fireproof. You can even place them into liquid Lava.