The Blue Lamp is a light-source the size of a little less than one block that spends royal-blue light.
You can craft Blue Lamps yourself in your Crafting Menu (default key "F") after having unlocked the according crafting recipe by
- taking/crafting a Wood Burning Lamp (either crafted from Wood Rods, Stone Rods, Coal and Glass or discovered in Diamond Treasure Chests)
- and creating Blue Pigment by putting Blue Flowers obtained from Elderwood trees, Leafies, Blizzard Chizzards or Wood Treasure Chests into a Processor
To craft 4 Blue Lamps at a time, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017)
- 1x Blue Pigment made from Blue Flowers in a Processor
- 4 Stone Rods made from Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 pieces of Coal (extracted from Nodes on the Fossil layer, from Mountains or recesses of hills, or found in Wood Treasure Chests, Stone Treasure Chests or obtained from Keepas)
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made from Sand in a Forge
Like all luminaires in Creativerse, Blue Lamps do not need any fuel and will not go out by themselves after being placed in the world.
Blue Lamps can be rotated in all directions by holding the key "R" (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "R", so that all items of the same stack will be placed facing the same direction.
The Blue Lamp has a darker blue light than Arctek lamps, even though it illuminates just as many blocks as the Wood Burning Lamp. Still, it's much less bright, and the white light from the Gas Lamp is brighter than all other lightings in Creativerse in any case.
Lamps like this one that do not operate with open fire also do not set flammable blocks on fire.
Since update R33 Blue Lamps can be switched on or off by activating them (right mouse button or "F" as the default key).
|Blue Lamps can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Sensors, Number Pads or Pressure Plates. Luminaires will then serve as receivers and can either be switched on or off. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
If you have placed Blue Lamps before August 2016, then you might have to pick them up and place them once again before they can be turned on and off.
Like all crafted objects and blocks, they can be picked up without the need to equip any Power Cells. Of course you won't be able to take Blue Lamps on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.