The one recipe that you will need to cook/bake many different kinds of Bread will be unlocked by taking Wheat for the first time, which grows from Wheat Seeds after being planted (under fitting conditions).
In Creativerse "Bread" usually only refers to the common type of bread made of:
- 4x Wheat grown (grown on tilled soil near Water) from Wheat Seeds, found when harvesting Tallgrass (and/or Savannah Tallgrass)
- 1 unit of ordinary Water from rivers, lakes or oceans, scooped up with an Obsidian Mining Cell or better
When consuming Bread (by putting it into a quickslot, choosing that quickslot and clicking your right mouse button or by dragging this food over your character's model on the right side of the inventory) your character will be granted a bonus of 100 points to their maximum health for 7:30 minutes.
Only one Bread of a whole stack will automatically be consumed if you use a stack. If you eat more Bread (by right-clicking or dragging & dropping again) than one after another, the effect will merely set/prolonged to 7 minutes and 30 seconds anew.
Many other types of Bread can be made using the basic Bread recipe by inserting Wheat with different Liquids into a Cooking Station. Depending on the type of liquid, the following variants of Bread can be made:
- common Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged ordinary Water
- Wholesome Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged Mineral Water
- Bog Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged Bog Water
- Tar Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged Tar
- Blazing Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged Lava
- Corrupted Bread is made with 4 Wheat and 1 foraged Corrupted Water
- Gingerbread Loaf is made with 4 Wheat and 1 found Molasses
Also Pets that prefer to eat ordinary Bread will not provide you with their best harvest if you feed them any other "special" types of Bread than the common one. Likewise, Pets who want to be fed either Wholesome Bread or Corrupted Bread will not be fully satisfied with common Bread made from Wheat and ordinary Water.
Wheat can be grown (with a Plow) from Wheat Seeds which can be occasionally obtained while harvesting Tallgrass or Savannah Tallgrass. You have to plant these seeds under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive Wheat.