This article is supposed to help you with common known bugs.
Here's the official help webpage: http://www.creativersegame.com/help/issues.html
As Creativerse is still under development and nearly every month new features are implemented, you will most probably encounter some bugs when playing this free game.
Please report any bugs that influence your experience, especially after new updates, on the bug-forums:
Currently, certain bugs seem to happen rather often. Here's how to cope with them:
1. Liquids not flowing properly, Teleporters are not working and/or cannot be activated (to see their code), absurdly high timers (up to days) are displayed for Extractors, and the like Edit
These different bugs are related to the internet connection to the servers of Playful. If you encounter them, please try relogging first of all: exit the game, wait for a little (this is very important!) and then re-enter the game. If you are playing on a solo-world alone, the ingame-time should then be set to morning, this indicates that you have waited long enough before logging in again. Many typical problems will solve themselves by doing that.
2. Problems with launching the game or you can't even connect Edit
If you aren't even able to connect to the main screen, the problem is likely related to Steam -- you can check the status of their servers here: http://steamstat.us (mostly affects US players).
If you're having other issues launching the game, especially if it says you need to be running Steam to launch the game (but you already are), then MSVCR may have gotten messed up. There is a security update for certain versions of Windows that affect the MSI installers. You should try to reinstall it and see if that helps:
You can find the installer on Microsoft's website and download it from there: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555
If you are using Windows 10 you might need to download the MSVCR 2012 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
3. Blocky shapes looking like unitelligible text when loading the game Edit
Another one of the frequently encountered issues: in this case the first thing you see when you load the game is a bunch of blocky shapes that look like they should/could be text, but are unintelligible.
Possible reasons and fixes for the issue:
1) Your graphics card drivers need updating. Visit your manufacturer's website to install the latest drivers. NOTE: The "check for updates" function often will not detect a necessary graphics card update.
2) The Steam overlay is interfering with Creativerse. Try disabling the Steam overlay and restarting the game. (Right-click on the game's name Creativerse, then choose "properties" down below, uncheck the box next to "activate Steam overlay" in the "general" tab)
4. The gameworld seems to have reset (no buildings, no chests, etc.) Edit
If you can get into the main menu but
1) can't connect to a world,
2) you can get into a world but none of it is loading, or
3) if your buildings/placed objects seem to be "gone" like your world changes seem to have reset,
then you are probably running a program that is blocking Creativerse from functioning correctly. Mind that other players who enter your world will see your buildings, chests, machines and the like correctly.
Likely culprits are anti-virus programs (Avast, Malwarebytes) or firewalls.
- Add your Steam folder to your anti-virus program's list of exclusions (e.g. instructions for Avast users can be found here: www.getavast.net).
- Add this site as an exception to any apps blocking HTML pages: http://www.getavast.net/support/managing-exceptions
- Set Steam to run as an Administrator (Right-click the Steam shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Select 'Run this program as an administrator').
- Ensure you have these ports unblocked as they are required to run Steam properly:
• UDP 14000 - 15000
• UDP 27000 - 27037
• UDP 4380
• TCP 27014 - 27050
(More info here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711& )
- Quit the game and restart Steam.
One way to test if you have a program running that's preventing you from connecting to our servers is to load this page: thereafter.herokuapp.com and see if any warning messages pop up. (The page should just go to our sad Pigsy 404 page without any pop up warnings if things are running correctly.)
If you're still having issues, a good way to troubleshoot this is to try the game on a different computer or with a different internet connection, or possibly through a VPN.
You can find more solutions here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/280790/discussions/1/619574421295665834/
Pets are still affected by a number of bugs during the Early Access phase of Creativerse.
In any case, please avoid setting your Pets to "wander", instead best make all of them "stay" (by checking the according order in the Pet window by right-click or typing "f" while looking at your Pet).
a) Pets that are set to "follow" stop to follow players when they are outdistanced in rare cases instead of teleporting to their owners. These pets usually are still around though, so please try to retrieve them as quickly as possible by searching the area where you last saw them or where you have tamed them.
Check the area map where pets are shown as round light blue dots when they are nearby. If you cannot see your pets on the surface of the world, they might have slipped underground or jumped on top of a tree. Yes, this is also a bug.
b) Pets that are set to "follow" can occasionally refuse to follow through teleporters. In this case you should be able to find them not far from the departure teleporter that you have used. Rarely they might have wandered around for a bit, then you will be able to find them somewhere between the teleporter and where you have originally tamed them or where you have made them to "follow" you.
c) Pets that are set to "stay" are often being replaced a little bit. They often glitch through floors from time to time, at other times they might be higher up, like on the roof of a house. Sometimes they might be replaced a few steps sideways instead (or additionally to glitching upwards or downwards). Often Pets will be set back to where they "belong" if you just relog (but remember to wait a little after logging out before logging in again!).
d) rarely even Pets that had been asked to "stay" can enter nearby teleporters when being replaced and will then be transported to the receiving teleporter where you can retreive them.
d) a severe known bug that regularly happens will affect Pets that are allowed to "wander". Wandering Pets will occasionally just be replaced to somewhere nearby, but others might never be found again as they seem to be deleted by the game completely and forever. In this case the only hope we players can have is that this bug will one day be fixed for good.
So again: please make sure to set all your pets to "stay" instead of letting them "wander".
6. Invisible things like doors, crafting stations, chests or the like Edit
1) if whole areas are invisible or like made of thin glass (so you can see lower layers of the world, caves, lava and the like down below), this simply means that the game is slow with loading these parts of the gameworld from the servers. This also is the reason why some blocks can turn invisible right after you've mined/collected a block that was on top/in front of it. Often simply waiting a little will be sufficient and the invisible blocks will show up. Maybe you'll even get notified about "Server latency" in the top left corner of your screen.
There are some tricks you can try to make your connection faster:
Sometimes the loading process bugs out though and waiting doesn't help. To fix this, you can take a distance from this place (best so far away that the invisible area is out of sight) and upon returning there, the game will load the area again so you will be able to see it. Otherwise please relog; exit the game and enter it after a short while (2-5 minutes should be enough, best time to have a tea break)
2) if not everything you've built/placed seems to have "reset", but only a part is missing, like a wall full of chests or so, please try relogging. It seems that placing certain items (often happens after new not-so-stable stuff has been implemented with an update) can affect the loading process of nearby items so that they temporarily refuse to load (or so)
3) the "Goo"-bug that enabled players to turn activatable items (doors, storage containers, signs, crafting stations etc.) invisible by throwing Goo, Explosives or Flares at them, should actually be fixed by now. But if it ever shows up again, you can try placing a Wood Sign under the ghost block, then stand on top of the ghost block and pull up the sign through the ghost block which will make it reappear
4) if it's your placemat that turns invisible, then it's no bug, it's a feature ;) It's supposed to do that
7. Corrupted wooden poles hovering over the surface / oceans Edit
These occasional irregular additions are already part of a number of template worlds; mainly a few blocks of Corrupted Wood floating in the sky like trunks of corrupted trees with no leaves.
Currently corrupted blocks / liquids do not spawn on any Creativerse world after world creation for all that is known. But of course players themselves can corrupt wood too by simply placing any corrupted block (or corrupted water) next to uncorrupted wood. The corruption will then spread over all adjacent wood blocks.
You can even make use of these rare corrupted wood poles as they will enable you to obtain corrupted material relatively early on (still needing Diamond Mining Cells or Lumite Mining Cells to collect them though) and such create corrupted wood arenas to make corrupted creatures and even highly valuable Diamond Treasure Chests spawn. At your own risk of course.
8. Underground creatures appearing on the surface Edit
Since update R31 many Creatures (including Keepas) tend to glitch upwards - sometimes through thick layers of rocks - especially when jumping or spawning in narrow spaces. This can transport them up to the surface, even from the Corruption layer.
However under common conditions creatures can only spawn when player characters are near.
So if you are playing solo, you might encounter Mirus on the surface during the day and night creatures that spawn close by in underground caves or tunnels occasionally (even where you could not see them), but you will only start to see creatures from the Lava layer or even from the Corruption layer reaching the surface shortly after you have ventured underground deep enough to make them spawn there.
For now no better solution to this problem is known than to wait for the official bug-fix.
9. Super-jump Edit
Sometimes Creatures will suddenly seem to "fly" upwards, or you might catch sight of them just when they are falling down again from the sky. The bug is known and some of it's reasons were already fixed, but certain actions and circumstances can still cause Creatures to bounce upwards. You can't do anything about this, the developers are working on it.
Creatures take no falling damage, but if the super-jump happens to your own player character, you might experience a deadly landing - except if you have bought the "Pro" DLC and can use your Glider so you will land safely. This is no trick to make you pay money for the game, it's just another bug.
If you want to reproduce it, there are two variants. The first one is the same problem that makes Creatures glitch upwards from underground layers. When fighting Creatures in a cave that give your character a upwards push, or when jumping (or even better flying) against ceilings of caves, at one point your player character might go through the ceiling and fly up very high, maybe even to the top layer of the world.
For the second type of super-jump you can try placing any solid block into the surface of any liquid and immediately jump on the block while or shortly after it made the "bump" sound when removing the liquid that was using the same space. It might work with thin layers of Snow, Red Mushrooms and Tallgrass too. Hope it'll be fixed soon
10. Giant "crab" spawning in a house or at a player-build structure Edit
Actually: this is no bug. Rockzilla is attracted whenever a certain amount of blocks (and lighting too!) have been placed together.
To make Rockzilla despawn, going / teleporting away far enough and then re-entering the area where the giant Rockster was (for several times if necessary) will usually do the trick. Then take away some beach-related blocks/things and/or crafted blocks that Rockzilla loves, so it will not appear at that spot anymore. Go to the article Rockzilla to see which blocks or things should be reduced in number