Bungalow Doors are usable pieces of furniture.
They can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds), but only after unlocking the according crafting-recipe by
- obtaining a (block of) Wildwood from Jungle-trees
- crafting Bungalow Walls from Wildwood, Vines, Wood Rods and Melted Wax
- crafting Bungalow Accent Walls from Wildwood, Vines, Wood Rods and Feral Pigsy Fur from aggressive Feral Pigsies in Jungles and Swamplands during the day
To craft 1 Bungalow Door, you'll need (as of R32 in June 2016):
- 2 (blocks of) Wildwood, taken from Wildwood-trees from a Jungle-biome
- 1x Vines, taken from Cragwood-trees, Wildwood-trees in the Jungle or obtained from several kinds of Leafies
- 1 (block of) Beeswax, found on trees, in Wood Treasure Chests or grown from Queen Bees
- 2 Wood Slabs made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
Bungalow Doors can be opened and closed after being placed by activating them (right-click or "f" as the default key). If you place two doors next to each other (even of different types), they will both open simultaneously when being activated.
|Bungalow Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough, so better be careful. Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Bungalow Doors (hold down "r" and use your left mouse-button to move them), however only sideways by any usual means.
Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.