Diamond Armguards are part of the Diamond armor set, they protect player characters from damage taken during fights. Diamond Armguards offer 80 defense points.
When worn, Diamond Armguards will replace the short sleeves of the shirt of your player character with longer ones, ending in a bright blue colored bracer on the left forearm of the player character.
The colors of Diamond Armguards will be adjusted to those that you have chosen (and can change anytime) in the character customization - accessible when starting the game by clicking on the gear-like symbol by your user name in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen.
Diamond armor is the fourth (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Pieces of diamond armor can also be obtained occasionally when killing or taming and harvesting from a Thing.
The crafting recipe for Diamond Armguards is unlocked by crafting or taking Iron Armguards.
To craft a pair of Diamond Armguards, you'll need (as of R25 in November 2015):
- 2x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature: Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru or the Thing
- 2 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 2 Rambeau Tufts, obtained by killing or taming and harvesting from blue goat-like Rambeaus in Mountains, that spawn on Peakstone during the day
- 1 Diamond (bar) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore found in Nodes in the Stalactite layer, in the Lava layer and in the Corruption layer, but can also be made from Coal (which can be made from Tar)
- 2 Tempered Iron Bar s made in a Forge from Iron Bars, which are made in a Forge from Iron Ore found in Nodes on the Stalactite layer and Lava layer
Crafting or taking Diamond Armguards is the unlocking requirement of the crafting recipe for Lumite Armguards, which is currently the best type of armor.
Currently armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.