Diamond Chairs are usable and decorative pieces of furniture that can be activated to make your player character sit down.
These items of furniture can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened by "Q" as the default key).
The crafting recipe for Diamond Chairs has to be unlocked first by:
- crafting an Iron Chair (which is unlocked after taking/crafting an Obsidian Chair)
- obtaining Diamond Slabs by putting Diamond Bars into a Processor. Diamond Bars are made from Diamond Ore that can mainly be found on the Lava layer underground
- obtaining Diamond Rods by putting Diamond Bars (or Diamond Slabs) into a Processor
To craft 1 Diamond Chair, you'll need:
- 4 Diamond Rods made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor
- 2 Diamond Slabs made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor
- 1 Glob of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or occasionally looted/pet-harvested from many Creatures
Crafting/taking a Diamond Chair is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting-recipe for Lumite Chairs.
You can rotate Diamond Chairs in all directions by holding R (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "R", so that all items of the same stack will be placed facing the same direction.
However graphic glitches or displacements can happen when player characters sit down on or stand up from a chair that is placed sideways or upside down.
To make your player-character sit down, activate the chair by right-clicking or typing "f" (as the default key) while looking at it. Tables placed in front of the chair won't block this process, instead your player-character will sit down at the table.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.
Furniture cannot be protected with permission settings, and cannot be wired nor "locked", so even visitors can sit down on chairs, but cannot pick them up.