Diamond Doors are usable pieces of furniture.
They cannot be found, but crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds), but only after the crafting-recipe for Diamond Doors has been unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) an Iron Bar Door, which in turn is unlocked after crafting an Obsidian Door
- creating Diamond Slabs in a Processor from Diamond (Bars) made from Diamond Ore that can be extracted from Nodes found on the Lava layer underground
- creating Diamond Rods in a Processor from Diamond (Bars)
To craft 1 Diamond Door, you'll need (as of R29 in March 2016):
- 1 Glob of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or looted/harvested from many creatures including Pigsies
- 2 Diamond Slabs made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor
- 2 Diamond (bars) made in the Forge from Diamond Ore that can mainly be extracted from Nodes found on the Lava layer underground or can be made from Coal
- 1 Diamond Rod made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor
Crafting a Diamond Door is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting recipe for Lumite Doors.
Diamond Doors can be opened and closed after being placed by activating them (right-click or "f" as the default key). If you place two doors next to each other (even of different types), they will both open simultaneously when being activated. Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough.
|Diamond Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Diamond Doors, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.