Diamond Leggings are the leg-covering part of the Diamond armor "set" and will provide 80 defense points.
When worn, Diamond Leggings will replace the sneakers and short trousers and/or shirt of your player character with long trousers tucked into sturdy boots, adorned with bright blue knee pads.
The colors of Diamond Leggings will be adjusted to those that you have chosen (and can change anytime) in the character customization - accessible by the gear-like symbol by your user name in the bottom left corner of the main menu screen.
Diamond armor is the fourth (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Pieces of diamond armor can also be obtained occasionally when killing or taming and harvesting from a Thing.
The crafting recipe for Diamond Leggings is unlocked by crafting or taking Iron Leggings.
To craft a pair of Diamond Leggings, you'll need (as of R25 in November 2015):
- 1x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature:Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru, Corrupted Rockster or the Thing
- 2 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 2 Rambeau Tufts, obtained by killing or taming and harvesting from Rambeaus in Mountains, spawning on Peakstone
- 2 Diamond (bar) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore found in Nodes in the Stalactite layer, in the Lava layer and in the Corruption layer, but can also be made from Coal (which can be made from Tar)
- 2 Tempered Iron Bar s made in a Forge from Iron Bars, which are made in a Forge from Iron Ore found in Nodes on the Stalactite layer and Lava layer
Crafting or taking Diamond Leggings is the unlocking requirement of the crafting recipe for Lumite Leggings, which is currently the best type of armor.
Currently armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.