The Diamond Pauldron was introduced with update R31 in May 2016 and replaced the Diamond Helmet.
The Diamond Pauldron offers 160 defense points. When worn, the Diamond Pauldron looks like a bright blue shoulder pad on the left shoulder of the player character.
The crafting recipe for Diamond Pauldrons can be unlocked by crafting or taking Iron Pauldrons.
Diamond armor is the fourth (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Pieces of diamond armor can also be obtained occasionally when killing (or taming and harvesting from) a Thing.
To craft a Diamond Pauldron, you'll need (as of R31 in May 2016):
- 2x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature: Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru, Corrupted Rockster or the Thing
- 2 Twines, made from Vines in a Processor
- 2 Rambeau Tufts, obtained by killing or taming and harvesting from blue goat-like Rambeaus that spawn on Peakstone in Mountains during the day
- 2 Diamond (bars) made in a Forge from Diamond Ore found in Nodes in the Stalactite layer, in the Lava layer and in the Corruption layer, but can also be made from Coal (which can be made from Tar)
- 2 Tempered Iron Bars made in a Forge from Iron Bars, which are made in a Forge from Iron Ore found in Nodes on the Stalactite layer and Lava layer. Iron Ore can also be collected from Iron Treasure Chests and Diamond Treasure Chests
Crafting or taking a Diamond Pauldron is the unlocking requirement of the crafting recipe for Lumite Pauldrons.
Currently (R25 in November 2015) armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.