Diamond Stairs are building blocks cut into an L-shape with a bright blue tiled top-side and a white underside.
Usually placed as stairs they will smooth the player-character's movement up and down gradients so no jumping is necessary. They can be placed as projections of walls or for other purposes too when being rotated by pressing and holding R (as the default key) while moving the mouse.
Diamond Stairs can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "q"), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by
- creating Iron Rods by putting Iron Bars into a Processor
- creating Diamond Slabs by putting Diamond bars into a Processor
- crafting or taking Iron Stairs (unlocked after crafting/taking Obsidian Stairs)
Crafting or taking Diamond Stairs is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting recipe for Lumite Stairs.
To craft 4 (blocks of) Diamond Stairs, you'll need
- 2 Globs of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or looted/harvested from creatures
- 2 Diamond Slabs made of Diamond bars in a Processor
- 1 Iron Rod made of an Iron Bar in a Processor