Requirements to start cooking Edit
At a Cooking Station (can be crafted after crafting a Plow, obtaining Water, Obsidian (bars) and harvesting Wheat grown from Wheat Seeds on tilled soil near Water) you can cook various types of Food in Creativerse.
All Food-types currently require at least one kind of Crops. 3 of them will occasionally spawn on the ground of certain Biomes one after another; Turnips, Horned Melons and Crisphead Lettuce. Wheat - as mentioned above - can ONLY be grown from Wheat Seeds that can be obtained as an extra harvest when plucking Tallgrass and/or Savannah Tallgrass.
Instead of cooking Crops that you can find right away, it's recommended to process any Crops into Seeds in a Processor, then to plant these seeds (use a Plow to till Dirt or Grass next to Water) and "multiply" them (harvest many more Crops) that way.
How to unlock cooking recipes Edit
Currently there are only 4 recipes to cook: Soup, Pie, Bread and Sandwich. Depending on the ingredients that you will use, different kinds of Food will turn out. So you won't need to search for rare recipes to create special kinds of Food.
- the recipe for all kinds of Soup will be in the Cooking Station from the start and you can access it as soon as you have crafted, placed and activated the Cooking Station
- by cooking and taking ordinary Soup (using only Water and Vegetables, none of the special broths though!), the crafting-recipe for all kinds of Pie will be unlocked.
- upon taking Wheat made from Wheat Seeds that you can find in Tallgrass and Savannah Tallgrass, the recipe for all kinds of Bread will automatically be unlocked
- by cooking and then taking ordinary Bread (only made from Water and Wheat, none of the special mixtures!), the cooking recipe for all kinds of Sandwiches will be unlocked
Eating or feeding Edit
All types of Food can be consumed by your character and will give various buffs (positive effects) over time depending on the food - generally for 15 minutes (Soups, Sandwiches, Pies), however only 7:30 minutes for all kinds of Bread(s). You can have several active buffs at the same time! However if you eat the same Food twice while the effect is still active, the effect will merely prolongued to 15 or 7:30 minutes once again.
Food can also be fed to Pets, which then can be harvested from. Eggs - another ingredient for Food - can only be obtained as a pet-harvest (not as loot) from Chizzards, Night Chizzards and Blizzard Chizzards. Pets are immortal and can survive without being fed. Still they cannot be harvested when being hungry and they will give inferior harvest if they did not eat their favorite food.
How to cook Soups, Breads, Sandwiches and Pies Edit
First choose one of the 4 basic recipes, then right-click on the ingredients in your inventory/bag in the correct order (from left to right) or drag & drop them over the according slots with your left mouse button.
- Cooking any type of Soup requires 2 units of Liquid of any type, 4 x either Turnips or Lettuce and 3 other ingredients (either Turnips, Lettuces, Melons, Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)
- Cooking any type of Bread requires 4 ears of Wheat and 1 unit of Liquid of any type
- Cooking any type of Sandwich requires 2 Breads of any kind, 3 x either Turnips or Lettuce and 3 more vegetables (either Turnips, Lettuces, Melons, Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)
- Cooking any type of Pie requires 2 ears of Wheat, 1x either Chizzard Egg or Blizzard Chizzard Egg, 1 unit of Liquid of any type and 3 other ingredients (either Turnips, Lettuces, Melons, Mushrooms, Chizzard Eggs, Blizzard Chizzard Eggs or Questionable Jerky)Note: only Crisphead Lettuce or Turnips will fit into the slot for "Vegetables" (the second slot of Soups and Sandwiches) of the Cooking Station. Horned Melons or Mushrooms (also Questionable Jerky) will only fit into the last slot and can then sometimes lead to special types of Food being created.
List of Food and temporary effects (7:30 min. for Breads, 15 min. for everything else) Edit
Duration of effects Edit
- Bread (all types): 7min30sec
- Sandwich (all types): 15min
- Soup (all types): 15min
- Pie (all types): 15min
Different foods stack their bonuses.
Where to get the ingredients Edit
Wheat can be grown (with a Plow) from Wheat Seeds which can be occasionally obtained while harvesting Tallgrass or Savannah Tallgrass. You have to plant these seeds under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive Wheat.
Turnips can be found growing by themselves in Forests or even more often in Swamplands. By putting them into the Processor, Turnip Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Turnips.
Crisphead Lettuce can be found growing by themselves in Forests or under trees in other Biomes. By putting them into the Processor, Lettuce Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Lettuces.
Horned Melons can be found growing by themselves in (dangerous) Jungles only, which makes them rare discoveries. By putting them into the Processor, Horned Melon Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Melons.
Chizzard Eggs can only be obtained from tamed Chizzards or Night Chizzards (spawning on Shores on Shorewood, in Jungles or more rarely in Canyons) after they have become your Pets and you have fed them their preferred type of Food.
Questionable Jerky can be made in a Forge from either Chizzard Gizzard or Blizzard Chizzard Gizzard - these Gizzards can be obtained from any kind of Chizzard, either from their Loot Bags or by harvesting from them if they are your Pets.
For Food, any type of Mushrooms can be used; Red Mushrooms that grow in patches of five units in Forests, Woodlands, Swamplands and Grassland; also Brown Mushroom that can be found embedded in Dirt directly under the top layer of most Biomes, especially at the entrance of Caves; and Glowing Mushrooms that can be found on the Stalactite layer embedded in rocks and can be mined with