To harden, melt, burn or roast things in the Forge, you will need to burn Fuel.
Different kind of blocks, things and materials can be used as Fuel (as of R34 in September 2016):
- 2x Wood of any tree (Cragwood, Ashenwood, Elderwood, Shorewood, Parchwood, Wildwood, Aumtumnwood, Weepwood)
- 2x Logs of any kind (Cragwood, Driftwood, Weepwood)
- 4x Leaves of any tree (including Dark Wildwood Leaves)
- 8x wooden building blocks like Wood Walls, Wood Floors, Wood Gravel Walls, Wood Roofs, Tile Wood Floor, Decorative Wood Floor, Decorative Wood Walls, Blue Wood Walls, Yellow Wood Walls or Red Wood Walls
- 8x Wood Stairs, 8x Wood Ladders, 8x Wood Windows, 8x Barred Wood Windows, 2x Beds (also Red Beds, Yellow Beds, Blue Beds), 2x Wood Doors, 2x Rustic Wood Doors, 2x Wood Tables, 1x Wood Sword
- 4x Shrubs, 4x Tallgrass, 4x Savannah Tallgrass, 2x Shorewood Husks, 2x Vines, 4x Weeds, 2x Moss
- 8x Wood Rods, 4x Wood Slabs
- all of these will need 1 minute to melt 1 Lumite Ore into 1 Lumite (bar)
- will need 30 seconds to melt 1 Lumite Ore into 1 Lumite (bar)
- will need 20 seconds to melt 1 Lumite Ore into 1 Lumite (bar)
1x Tar Sandwich
- will need 20 seconds to melt 1 Lumite Ore into 1 Lumite (bar) as it says when putting it into the Forge
- will only need 6 seconds to melt 1 Lumite Ore into 1 Lumite (bar)
To make Tar Bread, you will only need (1x) Tar and (4x) Wheat, while for Tar Soup more ingredients will be necessary. Tar can be scooped up infinitely (as long as you only pull the extension of flowing Tar and not the source) and when using a Lumite Mining Cell it will lose only a little of it's durability. Wheat can also be regrown, however this will take some time and patience.
Wood and Leaves are renewable resources because you can grow trees from Saplings that you can get from blocks of Leaves just by placing and taking them again and again. Still Saplings will take some time to grow into trees. You can pull wood and leaves without any Power Cells equipped though, or by using strong Power Cells like the fast-working Lumite Mining Cells that will not lose durability when pulling plant materials.
You can change most blocks of Wood into Corrupted Wood by simply placing them against any corrupted blocks or Corrupted Water. However for picking up Corrupted Wood, Diamond Mining Cells or Lumite Mining Cells are needed and both will lose durability while pulling, as does mining Hardened Lava.
Examples of things you CANNOT use as Fuel currently (R34 in September 2016):
- liquid Lava, liquid Tar, Molasses
- Shredded Leaves, Thatched Walls, Thatched Roofs
- Rimecones, Cactus, Lily Pads, Reeds, Beeswax, Saplings, Flowers, Cattails
- Wood Sign, Wood Stool, Wood Chair, Wood Planter, Wood Chest, Wood Fence, Wood Gate, Wood Plaque,
- Weathered Wood Wall, Bungalow Wall, Bungalow Support, Bungalow Accent Wall, Bungalow Fur Wall
- Bungalow Door, Bungalow Window
- Red Carpet, Yellow Carpet, Blue Carpet
- Moss Torch, Coal Torch, Bungalow Torch, Wood Burning Lamps, Twine, Campfires
- any Explosives, including Fire Bombs and TNT