The Gas Lamp is a light-source the size of less than one block that has a yellow glow, but still spends bright white light.
You can craft Gas Lamps in your Crafting Menu (default key "q") after unlocking the according crafting recipe by
- creating Obsidian Rods by putting Obsidian (bars) into a Processor
- crafting or taking Wood Burning Lamps (can also be found in Diamond Treasure Chests spawning on corrupted blocks)
- mining Fossils from the Fossil layer underground or at recesses near rivers, which does not require any Power Cells to be equipped
To craft 4 Gas Lamps at a time, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017):
- 2 Obsidian Rods, made from Obsidian (bars) in a Processor
- 2 pieces of Coal (extracted from Nodes or found in Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests
- 1 (block of) Fossils found on the Fossil layer, in Caves or recesses near rivers
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made from Sand in a Forge
Like all luminaires in Creativerse, the Gas Lamp does not need any fuel. Since R33 the Gas Lamp can be switched on or off by activating it (right mouse button or "F" as the default key).
Gas Lamps can be rotated into all directions by holding R (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "R", so that all items of the same stack will be placed facing the same direction.
Lamps like this one that do not operate with open fire (despite its name it does neither use nor emit gas) do not set flammable blocks on fire.
The white light from the Gas Lamp is brighter than all other lightings in Creativerse, including Arctek lanterns and torches.
|Gas Lamps can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates, and the Gas Lamps will then serve as Receivers. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Picking up Gas Lamps (like all other crafted blocks) does not require any Power Cells.
If you have placed lamps before August 2016, they have to picked up and placed again before they can be turned on and off. Only players with the fitting permission levels set by the owners of claimed land or the gameworld can interact with these lamps.