Like most pieces of furniture, these cannot be found anywhere on the game-worlds currently, but can be crafted in the crafting-menu (by default accessible via the Q key).
Before being able to craft this placeable object, you will have to unlock the according crafting recipe by
To craft 2 Hanging Stone Signs at a time, you'll need (as of R28 in February 2016):
Hanging Stone Signs can be placed underneath all kinds of blocks and rotated horizontally by pressing and holding R while moving the Sign with the left mouse button.
After placing a Hanging Stone Sign into the game-world, right-click on it or activate it by typing "F" (as the default key) to write on it (maximum length 35 characters). After clicking the "Accept"-button, this message will then be displayed in ALL capital letters.
Wood Signs will accept some HTML-commands, so you can write:
- <u> underlined </u> to underline words between these tags
- <i> italic </i> to use italic mode (skewed) for words between these tags
- <b> bold </b> to make letters between these tags look slightly more bold
- <color=red> red colored text </color> to write in red letters
- <color=green> green colored text </color> to write in green letters
- <color=blue> blue colored text </color> to write in blue letters
- <color=yellow> yellow colored text </color> to write in yellow letters
- <color=orange> orange colored text </color> to write in orange letters
- <color=purple> purple colored text </color> to write in pink letters
- <color=black> purple colored text </color> to write in black letters
- <#0000FF> creates text of any hex value. Formatted as RRGGBB. Visit sites like ColorHexa to get specific colors
- <size=5> changes the size
- \t tab
- \n new line
You cannot use Alt-codes on ingame signs and plaques (as of R28 in February 2016). Also if you use < or > for anything else than for the HTML-codes they will be displayed mirror-inverted (< will turn into > and vice versa). .