The Healing Beacon is an important item with many purposes:
- for one thing it is a beacon with a beam of green light that shines all the way up into the sky even up from the deepest layers of any Creativerse-world.
- it also can heal player-characters slowly over time if they touch the Healing Beacon (like by standing on top of it or very close next to it).
- plus it can purify 2 corrupted blocks sideways, 2 blocks down, 2 blocks up, and 1 block crossways each.
The Healing Beacon currently cannot be obtained from any Creatures nor can it be found in Treasure Chests. It can only be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "Q") or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds).
To unlock the crafting recipe for Healing Beacons it is necessary to:
- craft or take a Diamond Mining Cell - either craft it yourself or harvest it from a Thing after you've tamed and fed it.
- craft a White Beacon (to unlock this one, take Coal and Glass).
- collect Corruption Dust either by killing any corrupted Creature or Taming and feeding it, then harvesting from it.
To craft 2 Healing Beacons at once you'll need (as of R34 in September 2016):
- 2 Obsidian Slabs made of Obsidian (Bars) in a Processor (Obsidian Ore can be found on the Fossil layer underground or in Mountains or in Iron Treasure Chests or can rarely be obtained from Silver Keepas and Golden Keepas).
- 2x Corruption Dust from any corrupted Creature like Corrupted Mirus, Corrupted Pigsies, Corrupted Leafies, Corrupted Chizzards or Things.
- 10 (blocks of) Stalactite mined from the Stalactite layer, which requires at least an Obsidian Mining Cell.
- 2 Trog Horns obtained from Trogs that spawn in Canyons, either by killing them or harvesting from them after taming and feeding them.
- 4 Iron Rods made of Iron Bars in a Processor (Iron Ore can be found on the Stalactite layer underground or in Diamond Treasure Chests or Iron Treasure Chests).
Healing Beacons can be placed in the world, and then can be switched on / off by activating them ("f" as the default key) or using the right mouse button while pointing the cursor at them. They can be rotated and then their beam of light will be sent sideways or downwards. This way it can be used to help you with building larger constructions like any beacon.
Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on Claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low. The Healing Beacon can also be set to "just me" by using a Wiring Tool in any game world.
To pull / take Healing Beacons you won't need to have any Power Cells equipped.
|Healing Beacons can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads or Pressure Plates. Doors will then serve as receivers and can either be opened or closed. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|