Iron Bar Doors are usable pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds), but only after the crafting-recipe for Iron Bar Doors has been unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) an Obsidian Door, which in turn was unlocked after crafting a Stone Door
- extracting Iron Ore from Nodes found on the Stalactite layer underground or finding Iron Ore in Iron Treasure Chests or Diamond Treasure Chests
- creating Iron Rods in a Processor from Iron Bars that are made in a Forge from Iron Ore
To craft 1 Iron Bar Door, you'll need (as of R29 in March 2016):
- 1 Obsidian Rod made of Obsidian (bars) in a Processor
- 2 Iron Rods made of Iron Bars in a Processor
- 2 Iron Bars made in a Forge from Iron Ore
Iron Bar Doors can be opened and closed after being placed. Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough.
|Iron Bar Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Iron Bar Doors, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you don't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.