The Iron Pauldron was introduced with update R31 in May 2016 and replaced the Iron Helmet. The Iron Pauldron offers 80 defense points.
When worn, the Iron Pauldron looks like a rusty shoulder pad attached to the left shoulder of the player character.
Iron armor is the third (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Iron armor can also be found occasionally in Diamond Treasure Chests on the Corruption layer underground in deep caves, spawning only in complete darkness, mainly on Corrupted Stone, Corrupted Leaves or Corrupted Dirt.
The crafting recipe for Iron Pauldrons is unlocked by taking or crafting Obsidian Pauldrons (can occasionally be found in Iron Treasure Chests that spawn on blocks of the Lava layer underground in very deep caves, or can be obtained as loot or pet-harvest from Silver Keepas or Golden Keepas, or else specifically as a pet-harvest from ordinary Keepas, not as their loot).
To craft an Iron Pauldron, you'll need (as of R35 in October 2016):
- 2 Warmworm Teeth obtained by either killing or taming and then harvesting from Warmworms that spawn of blocks from/on the Stalactite layer and the Lava layer underground, like Siltstone, Hardened Lava, Igneous Rock, Tourmaline, Sulfur and/or Diamond nodes
- 2 Feral Pigsy Furs obtained by either killing or taming and then harvesting from Feral Pigsies spawning during the day on Detritus found in Jungle-biomes and spawning in Swamplands close to Bog Water
- 2 Twines, made from Vines (from Cragwood trees or Wildwood trees) in a Processor
- 2 Iron Bars made in a Forge from Iron Ore extracted from Nodes found on the Stalactite layer or found as an Ore in Iron Treasure Chests or Diamond Treasure Chests
- 2 Obsidian Rods made of Obsidian (bars) in a Processor
Crafting or taking an Iron Pauldron is the requirement to unlock the crafting recipe for Diamond Pauldrons.
Currently (R35 in October 2016) armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.