Iron Tables are decorative pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables in older worlds.
The crafting-recipe for Iron Tables will be unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) an Obsidian Table, which in turn is unlocked after crafting a Stone Table
- creating Iron Slabs in a Processor from Iron Bars, that are made in a Forge from Iron Ore that can be extracted from Nodes on the Stalactite layer underground or can be found in Iron Treasure Chests or Diamond Treasure Chests
- creating Iron Rod from Iron Bars in a Processor
To craft 1 Iron Table, you'll need (as of R26 in December 2015):
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Iron Treasure Chests
- 2 Iron Slabs made of Iron Bars in a Processor
- 1 Iron Rod made of Iron Bars in a Processor
Crafting an Iron Table is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting recipe for Diamond Tables.
Iron Tables do not have slots that you can fill with items to downsize them for display like Wall Shelves do, however you can put any placable block or items onto Iron Tables similar to how you would place them on the ground.
You can rotate Iron Tables, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you don't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.