Lumite Chairs are usable and decorative pieces of furniture that can be activated to make your player character sit down.
These items of furniture can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened by "Q" as the default key).
The crafting recipe for Lumite Chairs has to be unlocked first by:
- crafting (or taking) a Diamond Chair for the first time (which is unlocked after crafting an Iron Chair)
- creating (or taking) Lumite (Bars) in a Forge from Lumite Ore that can only be extracted from Lumite Nodes found on the Corruption layer deep underground
- creating (or taking) Lumite Slabs by putting Lumite (Bars) into a Processor
To craft 1 Lumite Chair, you'll need:
- 1 Glob of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or occasionally looted/pet-harvested from many Creatures
- 4 Lumite Rods made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
- 2 Lumite Slabs made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
You can rotate Lumite Chairs, however graphic glitches or displacements can happen when player characters sit down on or stand up from a chair that is placed sideways or upside down.
To make your player-character sit down, activate the chair by right-clicking or typing "f" (as the default key) while looking at it. Tables placed in front of the chair won't block this process, instead your player-character will sit down at the table.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.