Lumite Doors are usable pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in older worlds)
However at first the crafting-recipe for Lumite Doors has to be unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) a Diamond Door for the first time, which in turn is unlocked after crafting an Iron Bar Door
- obtaining Lumite (Bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore that can be found in Nodes on the Corruption layer deep underground
- crafting Lumite Walls from Lumite Bars, Diamond Rods and Globs of Goo
- obtaining Lumite Rods made of Lumite Bars in a Processor
To craft 1 Lumite Door, you'll need (as of R29 in March 2016):
- 1 Glob of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or looted/harvested from many creatures including Pigsies
- 2 Lumite Slabs made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
- 2 Lumite (bars) made in the Forge from Lumite Ore that can currently only be found on the Corruption layer deep underground
- 1 Lumite Rod made of Lumite (bars) in a Processor
Lumite Doors can be opened and closed after being placed. Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough.
|Lumite Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Lumite Doors, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.