It's to be expected that helmets will be implemented anew as a fifth piece of armor in future updates.
Currently (R25 in November 2015) armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character.
Lumite armor is the fifth (tier) and best armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. You cannot find any already crafted Lumite armor-pieces in the game currently (except for those crafted by other players perhaps).
To craft a Lumite Helmet, you needed (as of R25 in November 2015):
- 3x Corruption Dust, either looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature:Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru or the Thing
- 2 Trog Horns, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from Trogs in Canyons-biomes
- 2 Arcstones, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from any kind of Keepa or very rarely found in Wood Treasure Chests
- 2 Lumite (bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore
- 2 Diamond Rods made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.
Each hit of a creature will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in black color.