Like all other Power Cells the Lumite Mining Cell is also an all-purpose tool for pulling blocks with your arctek gauntlet when equipped.
Lumite Mining Cells are currently the best Mining Cells that can pull all existing blocks in Creativerse (except for Ores from Nodes of course) and all fluids, including liquid Lava and Corrupted Water.
These Mining Cells also enable you to pull/harvest/mine everything much faster than any other Power Cell. Currently (R43 in May 2017) Lumite Mining Cells cannot be found in any Treasure Chests nor can they be obtained from any Creatures.
Lumite Mining Cells can only be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "Q") or at Crafting Tables (that still exist in worlds created before R22 on September 16th 2015).
The crafting recipe for the Mining Cells is unlocked by crafting a Diamond Mining Cell (or obtaining one from a dangerous creature called the Thing that spawns on corrupted blocks like from the Corruption layer). To craft one Lumite Mining Cell, you'll need:
- 4 Lumite (bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore extracted from Nodes solely found on the Corruption layer underground
- 2 Diamond Slabs made of Diamond (bars) in a Processor. Diamond Ore can be found on the Lava layer underground
- 4 Infused Crystals, made in a Forge from Tourmaline that can be found on the Lava layer or can be obtained from Warmworms
- 10 Corruption Dust, looted or pet-harvested from any corrupted creature spawning on corrupted blocks like on the Corruption layer: Corrupted Pigsy, Corrupted Leafi, Corrupted Chizzard, Corrupted Miru or the Thing on the Corruption layer
- 2 Cactus Flowers that can be grown on blocks of Cacti (like found in Canyons or Dunes) or can be looted/pet-harvested from Dustevils, Dried Leafies or Trogs
Like all Power Cells you can equip Lumite Mining Cells into the Mining Cell Slot on the right side of the player character model in your inventory window (to be opened with "e" as the default key). Simply right-clicking on the new Mining Cell in your inventory will exchange the formerly equipped Power Cell with this new one.
But when pulling Igneous Rock, Hardened Lava, Mineral Water, Bog Water, Tar or Sulfur, then Lumite Mining Cells will lose durability each time, and they will lose even more durability when pulling corrupted blocks, liquid Lava or Corrupted Water.
Durability: as of R29 in March 2016, one Lumite Mining Cells can mine
- an infinite amount of blocks up to the hardess of Stalactite layer blocks, such as Siltstone and Stalactite as the hardest rocks
- up to 600 units of Corrupted Water, corrupted blocks and/or liquid Lava
- up to 1200 units of Mineral Water, Bog Water, blocks of Igneous Rock, Hardened Lava or Sulfur and the like of the hardness of Lava layer blocks