Obsidian Breastplates are chest-covering parts of the Obsidian armor set and will reduce the damage your player-character takes from creatures' attacks. The Obsidian Breastplate offers 60 defense points.
When worn, Obsidian Breastplates will replace the shirt of your player character with a sturdier sleevesless vest together with a belt. The colors of Obsidian Breastplates will be adjusted to those that you have chosen (and can change anytime) in the character customization - accessible in the start screen by clicking on the gear-like symbol in the lower left corner.
Obsidian armor is the second (tier) armor-type that you can craft in Creativerse. Obsidian armor can also be found occasionally in Iron Treasure Chests on the Lava layer underground in deep caves, spawning only in complete darkness, mainly on Hardened Lava or Igneous Rock. And you can also get them as loot or pet-harvest from some Keepas.
The crafting recipe for Obsidian Breastplates is unlocked by:
- finding or crafting Leather Breastplates (can occasionally be discovered in Obsidian Treasure Chests spawning on blocks of the Stalactite layer underground, or can be obtained from Keepas as a loot or pet-harvest)
To craft an Obsidian Breastplate, you'll need (as of R35 in October 2016):
- 2 Miru Eyes, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from green ordinary Mirus, found in the Fossil layer underground in dark Caves and on the Stalactite layer deeper underground, or on the surface during the night near cave-entrances. Arctic Mirus on the other hand have blue eyes that cannot be used for crafting Obsidian armor though
- 2 (pieces of) Leather, obtained as a loot or pet-harvest from many creatures, mainly from Pigsies or Night Pigsies
- 3 Obsidian bars made in a Forge from Obsidian Ore from Nodes found in the Fossil layer underground in shallow Caves or on Mountains or in Iron Treasure Chests
- 2 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
Crafting or taking an Obsidian Breastplate is the requirement to unlock the crafting recipe for Iron Breastplates.
Currently (R35 in October 2016) armor merely protects your player-character from the impact of physical hits from creatures, reducing the damage inflicted on the character. Repairing armor is not possible currently.
Each hit will reduce the durability of one piece of armor that has been hit. When a piece of armor has lost all durability, it will fall apart and leave the respective body-part unprotected, which will be indicated by the armor doll in the bottom left corner of the screen, where body parts without armor will appear in white color.
To equip armor and/or replace older armor with a newer piece, simply use right-click on the armor-piece you wish to equip in your inventory, and it will automatically go into the according armor-slot next to your character's model, while the formerly worn armor-piece will be put into your inventory.