- crafting (or taking) a Stone Door, which in turn is unlocked after crafting a Wood Door
- crafting Obsidian Brick Walls from Stone Rods, Obsidian Slabs and Globs of Goo
To craft 1 Obsidian Door, you'll need (as of R29 in March 2016):
- 1 Glob of Goo made from Mold in a Processor or looted/harvested from many creatures including Pigsies
- 2 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 1 Obsidian (Bar) made in a Forge from Obsidian Ore found on the Fossil layer, accessible through Caves or in the Mountains or recesses near rivers
- 2 Obsidian Slabs made of Obsidian (Bars) in a Processor
Crafting Obsidian Doors is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting recipe for Iron Bar Doors.
Obsidian Doors can be opened and closed after being placed. Creatures cannot open closed doors, but some might be able to use their special attacks through doors on your character if they are close enough.
|Obsidian Doors can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. They will then serve as receivers and can be opened, closed and locked with devices. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
Currently (as of R30 in April 2016), other players can open and close doors when visiting your world and/or claim, even if they are set to "Visitor".
You can rotate Obsidian Doors, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you don't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.