Obsidian Tables are decorative pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables in older worlds.
The crafting-recipe for Obsidian Tables will be unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) a Stone Table, which in turn is unlocked after crafting a Wood Table
- crafting Obsidian Brick Walls from Obsidian Slabs, Stone Rods and Globs of Goo
- and creating Obsidian Slabs from Obsidian (Bars) in a Processor
To craft 1 Obsidian Table, you'll need (as of R26 in December 2015):
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Obsidian Treasure Chests
- 2 Obsidian Slabs made of Obsidian (Bars) in a Processor
- 1 Obsidian Rod made of Obsidian (Bars) in a Processor
Crafting/taking an Obsidian Table is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting-recipe for Iron Tables.
Obsidian Tables do not have slots that you can fill with items to downsize them for display like Wall Shelves do, however you can put any placable block or items onto Obsidian Tables similar to how you would place them on the ground.
You can rotate Obsidian Tables, however only sideways by any usual means. Since R32 you don't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.