Purification Bombs can purify all corrupted blocks and Corrupted Water on Creativerse worlds and such transform them into common blocks.
"The Purification Bomb is an upstanding citizen compared to its brother, the Corrupt Bomb."
This type of Explosives currently cannot be found anywhere in the world nor can it be obtained from any creatures (as of R27 in January 2016).
Instead players can craft Purification Bombs in their Crafting Menu (opened with "Q" as the default key) after unlocking the according crafting recipe by
- crafting or finding a Diamond Mining Cell (can rarely be obtained from Things mainly by taming and harvesting from them
- crafting or finding Armor-Piercing Bombs (can be found in Diamond Treasure Chests on corrupted blocks)
- obtaining Trog Horns from Trogs that spawn on blocks of Canyons, like Canyon Floor, Canyonstone, Sandstone, Ruddy Canyonstone or Dark Canyonstone, by either killing and looting them or taming them and then harvesting from them
To craft 4 Purification Bombs at once you'll need
- 5 blocks of Stalactite mined from the Stalactite layer underground by using an Obsidian Mining Cell or better
- 1 Trog Horn obtained from Trogs from Canyon-biomes either as a loot or pet-harvest
- 2 Gunpowder found in Wood Treasure Chests or obtained from Hot Feet spawning on blocks of the Lava layer underground
- 2 blocks of Mold mined from the Stalactite layer underground with at least a Stone Mining Cell or better
To throw Bombs like these, put them into the quick-bar, select the according quickslot and then use right-click with your mouse while targetting the spot you want to hit with this bomb.
Purification Bombs can be thrown at Creatures - ca. 5 of these bombs can kill corrupted Creatures by healing them (which is quite costly), other Creatures will not be affected, but will rather get aggressive. These explosives might also have a short healing effect on player-characters when thrown at them.
Still Purification Bombs mainly effect the environment up to a size of 7x7 blocks width and a few blocks deep. When thrown, these explosives will turn:
- Corrupted Stone into common grey Stone
- Corrupted Dirt into common brown Dirt
- Corrupted Water into healing Mineral Water
- Corrupted Wood into Cragwood (even if corrupted wood has been Parchwood, Shorewood, Autumnwood, Wildwood or Weepwood before being corrupted)
- Corrupted Leaves into Cragwood Leaves (even if these corrupted leaves have been Shorewood Leaves, Wildwood Leaves, Dark Wildwood Leaves, Weepwood Leaves, Cinnamon Autumnwood Leaves, Mocha Autumnwood Leaves or Citrus Autumnwood Leaves before)
additionally to that Purification Bombs will also change:
- Corrupted Grass into common green Grass
- Corrupted Ashenwood into Ashenwood
- Corrupted Elderwood into Elderwood
- Corrupted Ashenwood Leaves into Ashenwood Leaves
- Corrupted Elderwood Leaves into Elderwood Leaves
- all of the latter are corrupted blocks that do not occur "naturally" but can be "created" by players by corrupting the according common blocks on purpose (as of R27 in January 2016).
Purification Bombs can purify a significant amount of corrupted blocks (7x7x4), enough of them so that the corruption meter can go down when player characters step in the middle these purified areas.
As with all Bombs, after using them an insignificant bug can occacionally occur that will still show the Bomb in the hand of the player character even after unequipping the bombs from the quickbar or having spent them all. Plus the player character might even be shown with the bomb in hand when a bed is used.