The Rainbownator 5000 is a sword with a unique look that emits pale sparks. A rainbow-effect will be displayed whenever you swing it, and additional rainbow colored effects can be seen when hitting Creatures.
This sword can only be crafted after receiving the rare crafting recipe via redemption code during temporary (usually only valid for 1-2 days) give-aways organized by the developers (Playful), which happens infrequently and is announced on the Steam forums or on social media, like https://twitter.com/creativersegame for example.
The crafting recipe for the Rainbownator 5000 is not transferable between players. There is no recipe page/book for it, and the recipe will not unlock when the item itself or any other item is obtained. The crafting recipe cannot be unlocked otherwise in the game than through redemption codes presently.
Please note that sometimes redemption codes might only hand out the (already crafted) sword as an item, but not the crafting recipe. This was the case when Early Access ended and an according gift bundle was granted to players via redemption code for only 2 days.
Players who have received the crafting recipe for the Rainbownator 5000 will keep it for an unlimited time, even though the give-away codes usually expire very quickly.
However players who have once received the crafting recipe can craft it for you if you invite them to your game-world. Please note that items are not transferable between Creativerse game-worlds.
To craft 1 Rainbownator 5000 you'll need (as of May 2017):
- 2 Lumite (bars) made from Lumite Ore (found on the Corruption layer underground) in a Forge
- 2 Diamond Rods made from Diamond (bars) in a Processor (Diamond Nodes containing Diamond Ore can be found on the Lava layer underground or can be made from Coal Nodes)
- 2 Obsidian Slabs made from Obsidian (bars) in a Processor (Obsidian Ore can be found in Nodes on the Fossil layer underground or in Mountains or can also be found in Iron Treasure Chests and Diamond Treasure Chests)
- 1 Melted Wax made from Beeswax in a Forge or found in Stone Treasure Chests or Obsidian Treasure Chests
- 5 Crystal Shards obtained from Creatures like Pigsies or Night Pigsies (either when killing them or harvesting from tamed creatures) or made from Tourmaline in a Processor
With update R41 on May 1st 2017 the Rainbownator 5000 was upgraded to Lumite-sword level and the crafting recipe was changed too. Before R41, the Rainbownator 5000 merely afflicted 15 damage points and was not stronger than a Stone Sword; it also only required Stone, Vines, Leather and Bones to be crafted. This crafting recipe is now no longer valid.
Older Rainbownators 5000 that were crafted before May 1st 2017 have much less durability left now, because newly crafted swords have a lot more maximum durability when being newly crafted which the older swords do not achieve.
Even this unique weapon will lose a bit of durability whenever you hit a creature with it until it falls apart completely. The durability is indicated by a bar over the icon of the sword - in your equipment slot next to your character's portrait as well as on the main screen visible over the weapon slot. You might want to be prepared and take a new sword with you if your current one already hasn't much durability left!