Rimecones look like pinecones and can be thrown as weapons with deadly effects:
- 2 Rimecones can kill an ordinary bright green Leafi,
- 3 Rimecones can kill an ordinary yellow daylight Pigsy,
- 8 Rimecones can kill a Night Pigsy,
- 6 Rimecones can kill a red (daylight) Rockster,
- 8 Rimecones can kill a Night Rockster,
- 8 Rimecones can kill an ordinary blue Keepa,
- 10 Rimecones can kill an ordinary dark green golden-eyed Miru,
- over 30 Rimecones are needed to kill a Corrupted Pigsy.
It is not recommended to throw throwables (such as Rimecones or Explosives) on stairs, neither upwards nor downwards, and even natural slopes can be problematic as the Rimecone might just hit the ground right in front of your player character even if you have aimed properly at a creature a bit farther away.
Rimecones do not respawn under trees currently (as of R32 in June 2016), they are merely part of the current template Worlds TW1-8. They will be there at the exact same places in each template world whenever starting or creating a new Creativerse world.No Power Cells are needed to pick up Rimecones from the ground, and ever so often you might receive 2 Rimecones instead of only one when "harvesting" them.
However, Rimecones can also occasionally be found in Wood Treasure Chests that can spawn (or can be made to spawn) on any solid surface block in the night and in complete darkness (both conditions have to be met) when player characters are getting close enough.
They can't be placed into the world, however, you can throw them but they will be destroyed completely after being thrown. However Rimecones can be put on Wall Shelves for display and decoration. While it was possible to put them into Wood Planters and Flower Pots before R30, this can't be done anymore.
Trees cannot be grown from Rimecones, only from Saplings. Currently Elderwood Saplings, Cragwood Saplings and Ashenwood Saplings can be occasionally be obtained when harvesting wood or leaves from their respective tree's kind.