Basic Information Edit
Ruddy Stucco Windows are flat building elements that look like windows consisting of a pale red stone frame with a murky transparent glass panel within.
How to obtain Edit
Ruddy Stucco Windows can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with "q" as the default key), but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked.
Unlocking the crafting recipe Edit
The crafting recipe for Ruddy Stucco Windows is unlocked by:
- mining striped red Ruddy Canyonstone from Canyon Biomes, which requires at least a Stone Mining Cell or better to be equipped
- crafting Stone Windows (unlocked after crafting Wood Windows) from Stone Rods, Stone Slabs and Glass
- crafting (or taking) Ruddy Stucco Walls, which in turn are unlocked after crafting Stucco Walls
Crafting Ruddy Stucco Windows Edit
To craft 4 Ruddy Stucco Windows at a time, you'll need:
- 1 (block of) Glass made of Sand in a Forge
- 2 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 (blocks of) reddish striped Ruddy Canyonstone found in the Canyons biomes (not wine-red Dark Canyonstone nor caramel-colored Canyonstone)
How to use Ruddy Stucco Windows Edit
Ruddy Stucco can be placed into the game-world for building purposes, for example into a wall or ceiling.
Since update R44 in June 2017 windows can be fully rotated by pressing and holding R and moving the mouse while holding the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "r" while pointing the cursor at the rotated example, so that all items of the same stack will then face the same direction when being placed.
Just like all other windows they will auto-connect to adjacent windows placed right beside them with the same rotation, but not around corners and not with different types of windows.
Different from doors, windows cannot be wired, opened nor locked.
Since update R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up windows that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take such items on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.