The one basic recipe that you will need to cook many different kinds (!) of Soup with is already unlocked when crafting the Cooking Station.
To cook Soup, you'll have to place the Cooking Station into the world and activate it (right-click or default key "F"). Depending on the ingredients you will now fill into the slots after clicking on the Soup recipe, different kinds of soups can be produced.
The basic Soup can be cooked with:
- 2 units of Water, from rivers, lakes or oceans, scooped up with an Obsidian Mining Cell or better
- or alternatively 2 units of Molasses, obtained as a rare drop from either Arctic Mirus, Blizzard Chizzards or Rambeau, multiplied by letting it flow and scooped up without needing any Power Cells
- 4 vegetables: either Turnips or Lettuce, grown from Seeds on tilled soil
- plus 3 more vegetables: either Turnips, Lettuce, Horned Melons (grown from Seeds) or Mushrooms (gathered) of any kind
Upon taking ordinary Soup for the first time (out of the Cooking Station for example), the cooking recipe for all kinds of Pies will automatically be unlocked. Cooking any other types of Soup (like Bog Broth or Corrupted Soup) will not unlock the Pie recipe though.
When consuming Soup (by putting it into a quickslot, choosing that quickslot and click your right mouse button or by dragging this food over your character's model on the right side of the inventory) your character will be granted a bonus of 140 points to their maximum Health for 15 minutes.
Only one Soup of a whole stack will automatically be consumed if you use a stack. If you eat more Soups (by right-clicking or dragging & dropping again) shortly after another, the effect will merely set/prolonged to 15 minutes anew.
Pets that prefer to eat ordinary Soup as their favorite food will not provide you with their best harvest if you feed them any other types of Soup, like Egg Drop Soup or Tar Soup for example. According to the same principle Pets that love Corrupted Soup will not provide you with their best harvest if you feed them basic Soup made with ordinary Water.
Using different ingredients with the same basic Soup recipe will result in various kinds of soup:
- if you add 3 Questionable Jerkys, the Soup will become Chizzard Noodle Soup (only when using Water as the liquid ingredient)
- if you add 3 Chizzard Eggs, the soup will become Egg Drop Soup (except when using Corrupted Water)
- if you add 3 Blizzard Chizzard Eggs, the soup will become Frigid Soup (only with Water as the liquid ingredient)
- if you use Corrupted Water, the soup will turn into Corrupted Soup
- if you use Tar, the soup will turn into Tar Soup (except when using Chizzard Eggs)
- if you use Mineral Water, the soup will turn into Wholesome Soup (except when using Chizzard Eggs)
- if you use Lava, the soup will turn into Blazing Soup (except when using Chizzard Eggs)
- if you use Bog Water, the soup will turn into Bog Broth (except when using Chizzard Eggs)
Turnips can be found growing by themselves in Forests or even more often in Swamplands. By putting them into the Processor, Turnip Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Turnips.
Crisphead Lettuce can be found growing by themselves in Forests or under trees in other Biomes. By putting them into the Processor, Lettuce Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Lettuces.
Horned Melons can be found growing by themselves in (dangerous) Jungles only, which makes them rare discoveries. By putting them into the Processor, Horned Melon Seeds will be produced that can be planted under fitting conditions (on tilled soil with water nearby) to receive more Horned Melons.
Chizzard Eggs can only be obtained from tamed Chizzards or Night Chizzards (spawning on Shores on Shorewood, in Jungles or more rarely in Canyons) after they have become your Pets and you have fed them their preferred type of Food.
Questionable Jerky can be made in a Forge from either Chizzard Gizzard or Blizzard Chizzard Gizzard - these Gizzards can be obtained from any kind of Chizzard, either from their Loot Bags or by harvesting from them if they are your Pets.
For Food, any type of Mushrooms can be used; Red Mushrooms that grow in patches of five units in Forests, Woodlands, Swamplands and Grassland; also Brown Mushroom that can be found embedded in Dirt directly under the top layer of most Biomes, especially at the entrance of Caves; and Glowing Mushrooms that can be found on the Stalactite layer embedded in rocks and can be mined with