Stone Chairs are usuable pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables in older worlds.
The crafting-recipe for Stone Chairs will be unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) a Wood Chair, which is unlocked after crafting a Wood Table
- crafting a Stone Table from Stone Rods, Stone Slabs and Melted Wax
To craft 1 Stone Chair, you'll need (as of R26 in December 2015):
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests
- 4 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock
- 2 Stone Slabs made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
Crafting a Stone Chair is one of the unlocking requirements of the crafting recipe for Obsidian Chairs.
You can rotate Stone Chairs, however graphic glitches or displacements can happen when player characters sit down on or stand up from a chair that is placed sideways or upside down.
To make your player character sit down, activate the chair by right-clicking or typing "f" (as the default key) while looking at it. Tables placed in front of the chair won't block this process, instead your player-character will sit down at the table.
Since R32 you don't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take these on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.
Currently (as of R38 in January 2017), Diamond Chairs cannot be found in Treasure Chests nor be obtained from any Creatures.