Stone Windows can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by typing "Q" as the default key), after the according crafting-recipe has been unlocked by
- crafting a Forge from Wood Slabs (made of Wood in a Processor) Stone Slabs (made of Stone in a Processor) and Bedrock mined from the Fossil layer, accessible through Caves
- forging Glass by putting blocks of Sand from Shores or Dunes into a Forge
- crafting (or taking) Wood Windows from Glass, Stone Rod and Wood Rods (made from Wood in a Processor)
To craft 2 Stone Windows at once, you'll need (as of R26 in December 2015):
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made of Sand in a Forge
- 4 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 4 Stone Slabs made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
Crafting Stone Windows is one of the unlocking requirements for the crafting recipe for Barred Windows.
If you place windows next to each other, they will connect and form a larger window, as can be seen on the according picture in this article.
Since R44 (June 2017), windows can be rotated by pressing and holding R and moving the mouse while holding the left mouse button.
Different from doors, windows cannot be wired, opened nor locked.