Basic information Edit
The Super Excavator can remove a large cube (7x7x7) of natural blocks, materials and crafted items, and will save half of the removed blocks in Loot Bags that will fall down (or sometimes roll to the side).
Since update R41, Super Excavators can remove blocks up to and including the hardness of corrupted blocks. Only "End of the World" blocks, liquid Lava and Corrupted Water cannot be damaged nor collected by Super Excavators.
Since Super Excavators are area-damaging "Explosives", their use/activation can be deactivated by enabling the game-world option "Disable Explosives" or disabling the player claim option "TNT Enabled".
Attention: as mentioned, Super Excavators cannot only remove natural blocks, but also ALL kinds of crafted blocks and items since update R32.
Excavators of any kind will only save half of what was removed, the other half will completely be lost.
Only all objects that can store items, materials, blocks etc. inside will be left intact. Also nodes with Ore inside will always be left intact by Excavators, just like when using TNT type Explosives.
It is recommended to protect your base by claiming the land around your base and disabling the use of area-damaging TNT-type Explosives there (to be set in the "Advanced Options" for each claim individually).
Crafting Super Excavators Edit
Super Excavators can be crafted, but only after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by crafting an Advanced Excavator.
To craft 4 Super Excavators in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with "q" as the default key), you'll need:
- 2x Gunpowder, found in Wood Treasure Chests, looted or pet-harvested from Hot Feet or Keepas, or made from Coal in a Processor
- 6 Lumite (bars) made in a Forge from Lumite Ore. Lumite Ore can only be extracted from Nodes found on the Corruption layer deep underground
Using Super Excavators Edit
To use Super Excavators, put (a stack of) them into any quickslot, select this slot and place an Excavator into the world like any common block by clicking your right mouse button.
You can rotate Super Excavators after placing them into the game-world by holding "r" (as the default key) and using your left mouse button to drag and thereby rotate the Excavator.
Using the right mouse button or typing "f" (as the default key) will activate the Super Excavator, while holding the left mouse button to "pull" will let you pick the Excavator up again.
If you use Super Excavators on the Lava layer, then liquid Lava and Nodes with Diamond Ore will be left intact. On the Corruption layer, Corrupted Water and Nodes with Lumite Ore will be left untouched. However, Super Excavators can be used to collect all other liquids, including Tar, Bog Water and Mineral Water.
Can't activate Excavators? Edit
If your Excavators cannot be activated (by "f" as the default key or right-click) after being placed, then:
1. area-damaging Explosives might be disabled for the whole game-world (this can be changed anytime with the world option "Disable Explosives" of the world by the creator/owner of the game-world). In this case usually a message window will tell you "Super Excavator cannot be used at this location"
2. area-damaging Explosives might be disabled on the claim where you are trying to use the Excavator (which can be changed anytime in the "Advanced Options" for each claim with the option "TNT enabled" by the owners of the claim). In this case usually a message window will displayed, saying "Super Excavator cannot be used in this claim".
4. you might not be permitted to use area-damaging Explosives (but in that case you cannot even place them) because of your permission level that the owner of the game-world or the owner of the player claim that you're on has set for you. By typing /permissions into the chat, you can find out about your permission rank on the game-world, and by checking the color of the flag in the upper right corner of your main screen you'll find out about your permission rank on the current claim you're on. A red flag means "visitor" who cannot place anything.
5. if other devices like Teleporters also do not react, and no message windows are displayed, there might be a problem with your internet connection or the Creativerse servers aren't properly in synch with your client any more (which sometimes happens after playing for a longer while). Try relogging (and take care to wait a little before logging in again!), usually everything's okay again upon your return
6. Super Excavators cannot remove End of the World blocks, so these will simply remain where they are while the Excavator itself will be used up and vanish.