The Tile Wood Floor is a checkerboard-patterned wooden building-block.
Like all other building blocks, blocks of Tile Wood Floor also can be rotated into all directions by holding R (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button.
These blocks can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "q") after the according crafting recipe has been unlocked by
- crafting or obtaining blocks of Wood Floor (that can also be found in Stone Treasure Chests and Obsidian Treasure Chests)
- and crafting Wood Doors
To craft 8 (blocks of) Tile Wood Floor, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017)
- 4 Wood Rods made of any kind of Wood (except for corrupted wood) or Logs in a Processor
- 1 Wood Slab made of any kind of Wood (except for corrupted wood) or Logs in a Processor
- 1x Melted Wax made of Beeswax in a Forge or looted from Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests
- 1 Stone Rod made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
Attention: Tile Wood Floors are flammable! When placing Tile Wood Floors into hot environments close to (or especially directly above) torches or fiery blocks (like Hardened Lava), Tile Wood Floors can easily start to burn. Liquid Lava or Fire Bombs will immediately set them on fire.
If blocks of Tile Wood Floors start burning, also other flammable blocks nearby can catch fire, and this way a whole wooden house or forest (especially Wildwood, Parchwood and Shorewood) can burn down in hot biomes like Jungles, Savannahs, Shores or on the Lava layer.
Fire cannot be extinguished currently, it can only be stopped from spreading by creating forest aisles/swaths wide enough so the flames cannot leap over, or (since R33) by claiming the area and disabling the fire spreading option for the claim.
On worlds of players who bought the "Pro" DLC, the fire spreading (fire sim) option can be disabled for the whole gameworld. On player claims, fire spreading is disabled by default, but can be enabled by claim owners.