The White Beacon is an item that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (default key "Q") or at old Crafting Tables (that still exist in worlds created before R22 on September 16th 2015).
However at first the crafting recipe has to be unlocked by:
- taking a piece of Coal (for example out of a Wood Treasure Chest or from an Extractor that had been placed on a Coal Node in the Mountains or on the Fossil layer, accessible through Caves)
- and by forging Glass by putting Sand from Shores or Dunes into a Forge (together with some Fuel)
Once placed, the White Beacon will send a beam of white light high up into the sky, even through many layers of ground. It does not shine downwards at the same time.
Beacons can also be rotated though, also sideways to help with building large structures like they were long rulers.
To craft 1 White Beacon you'll need:
- 4 Stone Rods made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made of Sand in a Forge
- 3x Coal extracted from Coal Nodes in Mountains or on the Fossil layer underground by using any kind of Extractor, or found in Wood Treasure Chests on the surface
|White Beacons can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Pressure Plates, Number Pads or Sensors. Their interactivity can be toggled|