The Wood Burning Lamp is a light-source the size a little less than one block, spending beige-white light, nearly as bright as the Gas Lamp.
You can craft Wood Burning Lamps in your Crafting Menu (to be opened with the default key "q") after unlocking the according crafting recipe by
- creating Glass by putting Sand into a Forge
- crafting or taking a Coal Torch made from Coal and Wood Rods, or found in Obsidian Treasure Chests or Iron Treasure Chests
To craft 4 Wood Burning Lamps at a time, you'll need (as of R44 in June 2017)
- 2 Wood Rods, made from any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
- 2 Stone Rods made from Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
- 2 pieces of Coal (extracted from Nodes or found in Wood Treasure Chests or Stone Treasure Chests)
- 2 (blocks of) Glass made from Sand in a Forge
Wood Burning Lamps can be rotated into all directions by holding the key "r" (as the default key) and moving the left mouse button. The chosen rotation angle can then be "locked" too by simply typing "r", so that all items of the same stack will be placed facing the same direction.
Like all luminaires in Creativerse, Wood Burning Lamps do not need any fuel and will not go black by themselves after being placed in the world.
Despite its name, the Wood Burning Lamp cannot set flammable blocks on fire, because it does not operate with open fire.
Since update R33 Wood Burning Lamps can be switched on or off by activating them (right mouse button or "f" as the default key).
|Wood Burning Lamps can be wired up with activation devices like Switches, Number Pads, Sensors or Pressure Plates. Luminaires will then serve as receivers and can either be switched on or off. Their interactivity can be toggled and defined with permission settings.|
If you have placed Wood Burning Lamps before August 2016, then you might have to pick them up and place them once again before they can be turned on and off.
Like all crafted objects and blocks, these lamps can (now) be picked up without the need to equip any Power Cells. Of course you won't be able to take Wood Burning Lamps on claims of other players (or in worlds) where your permission level is set low.