Wood Stools are usuable pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables that still exist in older worlds.
The crafting-recipe for Wood Stools will be unlocked by
- crafting (or taking) a Wood Chair from Wood Rods and Wood Slabs (both are made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor)
- and crafting or finding blocks of Wood Floor (could rarely appear in Treasure Chests)
To craft 1 Wood Stool, you'll need (as of R29 in February 2016):
- 4 Wood Rods made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
- 1 Wood Slabs made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
- 1 Stone Rod made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor or found in Stone Treasure Chests
You can rotate Wood Stools, however graphic glitches or displacements can happen when player characters sit down on or stand up from a chair that is placed sideways or upside down.
It might be hard to tell which way Wood Stools are facing until you make your player-character sit on them. To do that, activate the stool by right-clicking or typing "f" (as the default key) while looking at it. Tables placed in front of the stool won't block this process, instead your player-character will sit down at the table.
Wood Stools placed into the world can be picked up without having any Power Cells equipped.
Liquid Lava and Fire Bombs will immediately set them on fire. If Wood Stools start burning, also other flammable blocks nearby can catch fire, and this way even a whole forest or wooden house can burn down in the worst case. The spreading of fire can be stopped by claiming the area and disabling the according option. The spreading of fire can be disabled (or enabled) for whole worlds by their owners as well.