Wood Tables are decorative pieces of furniture that can be crafted in your Crafting Menu (opened by "Q" as the default key) or at Crafting Tables in older worlds.
The crafting-recipe for Wood Tables will be unlocked by
- crafting or finding blocks of Wood Floor (for example in Stone Treasure Chests)
- crafting Wood Chests from Wood Slabs (made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor), Beeswax and Vines
To craft 1 Wood Table, you'll need (as of R34 in December 2016):
- 3 Wood Rods made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
- 2 Wood Slabs made of any kind of Wood or Logs in a Processor
- 1 Twine, made from Vines in a Processor
- 1 Stone Rod made of Stone, Limestone or Bedrock in a Processor
Wood Tables do not have slots that you can fill with items to downsize them for display like Wall Shelves do, however you can put any placable block or items onto Wood Tables similar to how you would place them on the ground.
You can rotate Wood Tables. To take Wood Tables that have been placed, you won't need to equip any kind of Power Cell.
Attention: Wood Tables are flammable! When placing Wood Tables into hot environments close to (or especially directly above) torches or fiery blocks (like Hardened Lava), Wood Tables can easily start to burn. Liquid Lava or Fire Bombs will immediately set them on fire.
If Wood Tables start burning, also other flammable blocks nearby can catch fire, and this way a whole wooden house or forest (especially Wildwood, Parchwood and Shorewood) can burn down in hot biomes like Jungles, Savannahs, Shores or on the Lava layer. Fire cannot be extinguished, it can only be stopped from spreading by claiming the area and disabling the claim option for fire to spread or to disable this option for the whole game world. Other than that creating forest aisles/swaths wide enough so the flames cannot leap over can help to stop fire from spreading.