The Yellow Bed is a piece of usable furniture. Beds help skipping either day or night, but will not heal your player character.
Currently you cannot obtain these beds other than by crafting them in your Crafting Menu (default key "Q") or at any Crafting Table (that still exist in worlds created before R22 on September 16th 2015) - but only after finding the according rare crafting Recipe per chance.
To craft 1 Yellow Bed you'll need (as of R21 in August 2015):
- 1 Melted Wax made from Beeswax in a Forge
- 2 Stone Rods, made from Stone, Bedrock or Limestone in a Processor
- 2x Yellow Pigment made from Yellow Flowers from Cragwood trees in a Processor
- 1 (block of) Shredded Leaves, made from any kind of (tree-)Leaves in a Processor
- 4 Wood Rods, made from any kind of Wood or Log in a Processor
Currently (R25 in November 2015) the Yellow Bed looks identical to the standard Bed, which needs less materials to craft (1 Twine, 1 block of Shredded Leaves, 4 Wood Rods, 2 Stone Rods) from a crafting recipe that is unlocked after having crafted Wood Chairs (for which you'll need to craft Wood Tables).
Like all beds, you can use a Yellow Bed (use your right mouse button while looking at it or type "f" as the default key to activate the bed) to quickly skip the rest of the day if it is daytime ingame - or to skip the night if darkness has already fallen; however only as long as all players on the gameworld are using their beds at the same time. Since R41 on May 1st 2017, Beds will now also heal player characters while sleeping.
Patch-notes for R19:
- Interact with a bed to sleep and advance time to dawn or dusk.
- All players in a world must sleep at the same time to advance time.
- NOTE: beds placed in an old world must be pulled up and replaced before you will be able to interact with them.
Since R32 you won't need to equip any Power Cells to pick up any kind of crafted objects or blocks that have been placed into the world. Of course you won't be able to take them on claims of other players (or in gameworlds) where your permission level is set low.
Yellow Beds - like all beds - are currently (as of R32 in June 2016) fireproof. You can even place them into liquid Lava.